"Physiological and genetic characterization of Symbiodinium spp. from acroporid corals exposed to acute thermal challenge"
The presentation will happen tomorrow, May 19, 2017 at 10 AM. So if you guys are interested in corals, zoox, and NGS, you can catch her thesis presentation in UP-MSI. But first, let's learn some fun things from Faith and her MS journey in MSI. #Inspire
1. Any special prep for the D-day?
> I attended Delbert's defense just to have the "feels" !
(A/N: Congrats Delbert!)
2. Five words to describe your "thesis life."
> Nakaka-baog ang bioinformatics besh.
(A/N: ermergerd. same level ba ng toxicity sa EtBr? Kaya pa ba ang magpafreeze ng egg cell! Speak of.. Baka bet niyo umattend ng Lay Forum on Egg Freezing paandar ng St. Lukes)
3. In one sentence, describe your study. Simple terms, please.
> Response of coral's algae when they are faced with stressful condition. Char!
4. What is interesting about your study?
> Maganda ang researcher. Ganern.
(A/N: Pak! Magaganda talaga ang mga nasa MSI! Example na lang, ang mga mag BFF na ito: Exhibit A: Faith. Exhibit B: Justin Amit! Ay! Perhaps you're interested in (re)reading Leomir's 13Q?
5. What would be the perfect song for your thesis?
> You're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece ♬♩♪
(A/N: Halsey's song called Color)
6. Sometimes, I hear "Ay UP, 'di ko kaya" from young people who graduated from other schools whenever I tell them to apply for grad school in UP. As a proud alumna of Mindanao SU, what advice can you give to these aspiring marine biologists (or researchers in general) who are scared or intimidated by UP?
> Dapat malakas ang loob. Tapos pabebe, ganun. 'Yung tipong walang makakapagil sa'yo kahit ano'ng cheka ng iba.
(A/N: I really don't know how to phrase this question better. But, just to be clear, I am not discriminating nor being condescending. If someone gets offended because of the word choice, I apologize. Baka sabihin, "other school"? UP? Yabang!)
7. Why MSI? Why not med school?
> Because of life's circumstances, charot!
8. Craziest thing you did that involved your thesis.
> 'Nung pinaulit sa akin ang bioinfo analysis, akala ko 'di ko na gagamitin 'yung previous data from the first run, so dinelete ko. To find out, kailangan pa pala. Ouch! Lesson of the century: Bawal magdelete ng data!
(A/N: OW to the EM to the GEE! Good riddance! CHAROOOT! Goodbye, data. Goodbye! )
9. Tell us about what makes your MS journey fun.
> The people. Place. Side trips after labwork. Experiences. Learnings. Opportunities. Everything in it. Char!
10. Did lab life ever interfere with your love life? showbiz answer plesh.
> HAHA OO! Kaya nga wala akong lovelife 'di ba?!
(A/N: ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. ano yaaaaaaaaannnnn?)
11. Can you give a few tips on how to DO a master's thesis? Showbiz answer please.
> Matutong mag-move. 'Wag masyadong mag-drama. Tsaka, dasal. Dasal lang talaga.
(A/N: aray ha.)
12. What is that one "THING" (pweds tao, bagay, hayop, pook, pangyayari) in MSI that just by thinking about it makes you smile?
> Wala akong maisip, haha.
13. So sasablay? Hello "Graduation 2017"?
(A/N: I love!!!)
What is "life after MSI"?
Lovelife na po 😂😂😂
(A/N: PARANG ABSENCE NG LOVE LIFE TALAGA ANG PROBLEMA NG MGA TAO SA MSI. BAKEEET? Alam niyo kung bakit? ahaha )